Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis bayreuth | bayreuth county | coat of arms (eagle: red) | coat of arms (brandenburg) | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: chief (bavaria) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 27 February 1962, coat-of-arms adopted 27 September 1962, both confirmed 21 February 1974
Red-white, adopted 27.02.1962. Although Bayreuth swallowed Pegnitz and part of Ebermannstadt county it retained its symbols after the 1972 municipal reform, confirmed on 21.02.1974. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 9 August and 2 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on September 27, 1962. The arms show the eagle of Brandenburg as a symbol of the importance of the Markgraves of Nuremberg, who ruled the largest part of the district until 1791. Markgrave Friedrich of Nuremberg took the eagle in 1415 as his arms, after he acquired Brandenburg. The upper part shows the arms of Bavaria and symbolises the fact that the area around Kemnath belonged to the Wittelsbach family, the Bavarian Royal family.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 11 July 2003Mostbet Betwinner