Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis eichstätt | eichstätt county | coat of arms: tierced per pale (torch) | coat of arms: tierced per pale (crozier) | coat of arms: tierced per pale (antler) | coat of arms: base (lozengy: whit |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 22nd November 1974
White-red-yellow stripes, adopted 22.11.1974. Eichstätt is an ancient bishopric (prince-bishopric until 1803), hence the crosier in the arms. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 20 September 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The new arms were granted on November 22, 1974.
The new arms show still the crosier from the old arms. The deer's head is replaced by the antler, and the torch is added. The torch symbolises the industrial area around Ingolstadt in the county. The base is also added and shows the lozenges of the arms of Bavaria. A large part of the new county belongs to Bavaria already for many centuries.
Literature: [presumably Linder and Olzog 1996].
Santiago Dotor, 1 December 2003Red dog casino