Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis landsberg | landsberg county | coat of arms: per pale (eagle: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (lion: red) | coat of arms: per pale (lion: rampant) | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 9th October 1953, flag adopted 30th November 1959, confirmed 3rd October 1972
Yellow-red. Adopted 30.11.1959. The county was largely unchanged by the 1972 municipal reform and kept its symbols: arms and flag were confirmed on 03.10.1972. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 10 July and 21 September 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on October 9, 1953 and confirmed on October 3, 1972.
The arms combine in the lower part the eagle of the Counts of Diessen-Andech and the lion of the Welfen dynasty. The first owned large areas in the eastern part of the district, whereas the latter had possessions around Lechrain. The colours are not original, they are the colours of the arms of the Bishops of Augsburg, as the district belonged to the diocese of Augsburg. The upper part shows the arms of Bavaria and the Wittelsbach family, who acquired the district from the two other families in the course of the 13th century.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 12 July 2003Mostbet