mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Miesbach County (Oberbayern District, Bavaria, Germany)

Landkreis Miesbach

Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis miesbach | miesbach county | coat of arms (eagle: demi) | coat of arms (eagle: red) | coat of arms (leaves: lily) | coat of arms (leaves: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Miesbach County (Oberbayern District, Bavaria, Germany)] 5:2
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 15th September 1955, confirmed 7th June 1977, flag used unofficially since early 1998


See also:


Description

The county uses a white banner showing the coat-of-arms; the flag has not been approved and is used unofficially since early 1998. Source: Erich Dieter Linder, Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 21 September 2001 and 9 March 2004

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted on September 15, 1955 and confirmed on June 7, 1977.

The eagle and sticks are taken from the arms of the Lords of Waldeck from Hohenwaldeck, who built their estate around the Schliersee lake. They became extinct in 1483 and were succeeded by the Lords (later Counts) of Maxlrain.

The lower part shows the water lily leaves and waves taken from the arms of the Tegnersee Abbey, which owned most of the Western part of the county until 1803.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 3 December 2003

Mostbet