Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis pfaffenhofen | pfaffenhofen county | coat of arms: per pale (lozengy) | coat of arms: per pale (bavaria) | coat of arms: per pale (cross: patriarchal) | coat of arms: per pale (cross: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 18th April 1963, confirmed 4th July 1974
Yellow-green, adopted 18.04.1963. Flag and arms remained the same after the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 10 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on April 18, 1963 and confirmed on July 4, 1974.
The arms show in the sinister half a branch of hops, as hops culturing is of great importance in the district. The dexter half combines the lozenges of the Wittelsbach family (and Bavaria) with a symbol for the Benedictine monastery at Scheyern. In the early 12th century the Wittelsbach family were Counts of Scheyern and turned their ancestral castle into a monastery in 1118.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 12 July 2003Mostbet