Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis neunburg vorm wald | neunburg vorm wald county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (castle: red) | coat of arms: per pale (tree: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1967, flag adopted 8th January 1968, abolished 30th June 1972
Red-white-green, adopted 08.01.1968. Integrated into Schwandorf county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 6 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1967 and show in the dexter half the lion of the Pfalz. The district belonged since 1623 to the Kurpfalz [Electoral Palatinate]. The sinister part shows a castle as a canting element (Burg = castle) as well as a tree for the geographical position in the Bayerische Wald (Bavarian forest).
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 4 July 2003Mostbet