Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis nördlingen | nördlingen county | noerdlingen county | coat of arms: per pale (saltire: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (lions: black) | coat of arms: per pale (lions: rampant guardant) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 9th February 1954, flag adopted 7th November 1967, abolished 30th June 1972
Yellow-red, adopted 07.11.1967. This county became a part of the present county Donau-Ries during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 28 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on February 9, 1954. The cross is the arms of the Princes of Oettingen, who originated from the county and ruled most of the district until 1806. The three lions are the arms of the Staufen dynasty, as Dukes of Swabia they ruled a large part of the county.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003Mostbet