Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: landkreis wunsiedel | wunsiedel county | coat of arms (rock: grey) | coat of arms (tree: pine) | coat of arms (trees: 2) | coat of arms: base (quarterly: white-black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 5th September 1961, flag adopted 20th August 1968, abolished 30th June 1972
Blue-yellow, adopted 20.08.1968. The county was enlarged in the 1972 municipal reform by parts of Rehau county and the cities Selb and Marktredwitz and adopted other symbols after that. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 10 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The old arms were granted on September 5, 1961 (...). The base of the old arms shows the old arms of the Counts of Nürnberg and Bayreuth from the Zollern dynasty, and its successors, that ruled the area from 1285-1791. The upper part symbolises one of the typical rock formations in the Fichtelgebirge mountain range. The colours of the upper part are taken from the arms of the Counts of Andechs-Meranien, who ruled the area prior to 1248.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 15 July 2003Red dog casino