mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Halver (Märkischer Kreis County, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)

Stadt Halver

Last modified: 2004-12-29 by
Keywords: north rhine-westphalia | halver | stadt halver | märkischer kreis county | coat of arms (tree: linden) | coat of arms (bench: white) | coat of arms: base (fess: chequy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[City of Halver (Märkischer Kreis County, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)] 3:5
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1935



See also:


Description

Halver was elevated from commune to town status in 1969 and continued to use its old arms, granted to the commune in 1935. The tree and table symbolise the former high court seated in Halver. Both a flag and a banner are in use, red-white with the arms in the centre. Source: Hostert 1979.

Stefan Schwoon, 29 June 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted in 1935 and show in the lower part the arms of the Counts of the Mark, who ruled the area in the Middle Ages. The linden tree and the stone 'justice bench' are a symbol for the foundation of a local court in Halver in 1243. The court played a major role in the disputes between the Knights of Toerring and Duke Heinrich of Bayern-Landshut in 1430.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 5 August 2002


Hanging Flag

Banner

[City of Halver hanging flag (Märkischer Kreis County, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)]
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1935
Mostbet