Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: meinerzhagen | stadt meinerzhagen | märkischer kreis county | coat of arms (lion: red) | coat of arms (saltire: blue) | coat of arms: base (fess: chequy) | coat of arms: base (bugle-horn: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
|by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1975
The town uses a blue-yellow banner with the arms. Meinerzhagen first had town rights from 1765-1865. In this period, arms were adopted which remained in use after this time (although only towns had the right to bear arms, not rural communes). In 1964 the town status was restored, and in 1969 Meinerzhagen was united with the communes of the surrounding Amt [a supramunicipal entity]. As a consequence of this union, new arms were created and granted in 1975. Source: Hostert 1979.
Stefan Schwoon, 28 June 2001Red dog casino