mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Wilhelmshaven (Lower Saxony, Germany)

Stadt Wilhelmshaven

Last modified: 2001-12-21 by
Keywords: lower saxony | niedersachsen | wilhelmshaven | stadt wilhelmshaven | coat of arms (soldier: red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors



[City of Wilhelmshaven (Lower Saxony, Germany)] 3:5
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1949



See also:


Description

Red-yellow with the arms. Sources: Staack 1997 and Stadler 1964-1971.

Stefan Schwoon, 21 February 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

Wilhelmshaven became an important harbour at the end of the last century. In 1873 the town became a city and in 1919 its own urban district [kreisfreie Stadt]. The first arms were granted in 1892. (...) After the incorporation of Rüstringen new arms were designed in 1939. (...) Finally, in 1949, the present arms were granted. These arms are based on the old arms of Rüstringen.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.

Santiago Dotor, 18 December 2001

Mostbet