Last modified: 2002-05-10 by
Keywords: brandenburg | oranienburg | stadt oranienburg | oberhavel county | coat of arms (tree: oak) | coat of arms (tree: green) | coat of arms (fish: red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 1932, readopted 1980
Oranienburg to the north of Berlin is the seat of Oberhavel County. It has slightly less than 30,000 inhabitants. The city is named after Henriette von Oranien, the wife of Elector Friedrich Wilhelm of Brandenburg. The flag, red-white with the arms, was first adopted in 1932, changed to green-white in 1937, and changed back to red-white in 1980. Source: Günther 1995.
Stefan Schwoon, 10 April 2001Mostbet