Last modified: 2002-05-31 by
Keywords: rhineland-palatinate | rheinland-pfalz | frankenthal | stadt frankenthal | coat of arms (lion: rampant) | coat of arms (lion: yellow) | coat of arms: inescutcheon (triangle) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1954/1955
Divided yellow and red, bearing the arms, granted 1955. There is also a banner [hanging flag] version. Source: Debus 1988
Stefan Schwoon, 28 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1841 and confirmed in 1954, and are based on the oldest known seal of the city, dating from the 16th century. Frankenthal received city rights in 1573 from Johann Casimir, Count of the Palatinate. The lion and the orb are derived from the arms of the Palatinate. The small shield with the large diamond with three points symbolises the three main religious groups at the time, the Dutch, Walloon and German population groups.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 27 December 2001Mostbet