mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Pamplona (Navarre, Spain)

Pamplona / Iruñea, Navarre Province

Last modified: 2002-09-07 by
Keywords: spain | navarra | pamplona | iruñea | coat of arms |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors



[City of Pamplona (Navarre, Spain)]
by Miguel Izu
Flag adopted 1930



See also:


Description

The field is green, with the coat of arms in the centre. The coat of arms was given to the city by Charles III, King of Navarre, in 1423. Description: a silver lion in a blue field, with a red bordure with the arms of Navarre gold chains on a red field and the [open] royal crown on the top. We know that there was a green flag [already] in 1512. A white and blue flag was used at some times in the 19th and 20th centuries; but the use of the green flag was decided again in 1930.

Miguel Izu, 14 June 2000

The city flag had many variants in the 19th century. According to Banderas no.4:

Sources: Banderas no. 4, letter from the Pamplona City Council dated 19th May 1924, report from Mr. Guerra, Mondragon 4th June 1924.

Jaume Ollé, 26 and 29 June 2001

Mostbet