This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Vexillologist of the Year
Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: fotw | voty | vexillologist |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Edward Mooney
Each year the award of Vexillologist of the Year is made to a worthy individual on FOTW. The award was conceived and introduced by Edward Mooney in early 1999, who was at the time list-master.
- The nominee will be a recognized member in good standing.
- The nominee will be nominated by a member in good standing.
- No-one may nominate him/herself.
- The nomination must be seconded (or a second nomination made) by a member in good standing.
- Nomination can be for any service that contributes to the FOTW purposes.
- The role of the nominee for which the nomination is made should be briefly explained by the nominator.
- Service can be for a specific project, or for a leadership role.
- Voting will be by secret web ballot.
- A simple high vote will determine the winner.
- The winner and top three vote-getters are announced.
Past winners of the Vexillologist of the Year are:
Red dog casino
- 1998: Edward Mooney for services rendered in support of the mailing list and editing of web pages.
- 1999: Dov Gutterman for his extensive vexiferreting of the Internet and contributions to uncovering flags
- 2000: Pascal Gross for his graphical work in Swiss communal flags
- 2001: Željko Heimer for his scholarly and graphical contributions to provide accurate national flags based on Album des Pavillons (2000)
- 2002: no award
- 2003: no award
- 2004: Rob Raeside for his long term as director
- 2005: António Martins-Tuválkin; as former list master, tireless critic, precise editor, and promoter of quality on the FOTW website
- 2006: Christopher Southworth for his continued and tireless work on the Dictionary of Vexillology
- 2007: David Prothero for his work on the research of the British maritime flags, his continuous contributions about ensigns and his scholarly mastery of the UK Public Records
- 2008: Jarig Bakker for his relentless service to FOTW in providing graphics of municipal flags and his long-standing editorial duties.
- 2009: Ivan Sache as the quintessential, ideal FotWer - a keen, prolific, and meticulous contributor, editor and listmaster