Last modified: 2004-07-17 by
Keywords: marseilles | yacht club | disc (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Part 3 of this series shall describe the yacht clubs not located on the Vieux-Port.
Ivan Sache, 13 December 2003
by Ivan Sache
Club La Pelle started in 1918, when a group of friends met on week-ends in the small port of the Roucas-Blanc to go sea-skiffing. In 1923, they registered the club name with the aim of promoting nautical sport. The skiffers were later joined by yachtmen, windsurfers and catamaran owners. The port of the Roucas-Blanc is located west of the city center, close to the beaches of Marseilles.
The most common meaning of pelle in French is a shovel. Here, however, pelle must be understood as a colloquial world for rame, an oar.
The burgee of Club La Pelle is red with a white disk near the hoist.
Source: Club La Pelle website
Ivan Sache, 19 March 2002Mostbet