mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Montgermont (Municipality, Ille-et-Vilaine, France)

Menezgervant

Last modified: 2004-07-17 by
Keywords: ille-et-vilaine | montgermont | menezgervant | lozenge (yellow) | lozenge (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Montgermont]by Arnaud Leroy


See also:


Presentation of Montgermont

Montgermont (Breton, Menezgervant) is located a few kilometers north-west of Rennes. Montgermont has 2,758 inhabitants and the area of the municipality is 464 hectares.

The church of Montgermont was mentioned for the first time in 1152. The city formed an independent parish in the XIIIth century. Suppressed during the French Revolution, the parish was reestablished in 1803, suppressed again in 1814 and eventually reestablished in 1820.
The main buildings of Montgermont are the St. Martin's church (see below) and the social seat of the Banque Populaire de l'Ouest. That building was designed in 1988-1990 by the architects Odile Decq and Benoit Cornette, pioneers in computer-aided architecture.

Source: Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 25 December 2003


Description of the flag of Montgermont

The flag of Montgermont is hoisted in front of the city hall (see the picture on the Bretagne-Images website). It is white with the municipal coat of arms and the name of the municipality written in blue below the shield.

Ivan Sache, 25 December 2003


Coat of arms of Montgermont

The municipal coat of arms of Montgermont is:

Losangé d'or et de gueules à la fasce d'azur frettée d'argent.

In English:

Lozengy or and gules a fess azure fretty argent.

These arms are shown on a gothical window located above the main gate of the St. Martin's church. They were the arms of the first lords of Montgermont, whose castle was mentioned for the first time in 1086.

Source: Pacé parish website

Ivan Sache, 25 December 2003

Mostbet