mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Waltenheim (Municipality, Haut-Rhin, France)

Last modified: 2003-05-31 by
Keywords: haut-rhin | waltenheim | crescent (blue) | crescent (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors



[Flag of Waltenheim]by Pascal Vagnat


See also:


Presentation of the city

Waltenheim is a village of 500 inhabitants, located between Mulhouse, Altkirch, and Basle (Switzerland).

The name of Waltenheim (Walt's house) was first mentioned in 1265. The village belonged to the Seigneury of Landser until 1648, when it was incorporated to France with the rest of Alsace.
Stone quarries were active in Waltenheim in the XIXth century. In 1939, during the building of the fortifications known as the Ligne Maginot, 45 golden coins were discovered near Waltenheim. Those coins were dated from XII-XIIIth centuris and characterized as Imperial coins from the archbishoprics of Cologne, Trier anf Mainz.

Ivan Sache, 5 October 2002


Description of the flag

The flag of Waltenheim is with with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.

Ivan Sache, 5 October 2002

Mostbet