Last modified: 2004-10-02 by
Keywords: fouquet sacop | seabird (white) | waves: 2 (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Ivan Sache
In 1930, the Ambrogi family founded the Société Auxiliaire des Consommateurs de Produits Pétroliers (SACOP). The aim of this very modest company was to resupply ships with oil from the refineries of Berre, located west of Marseilles. Before the Second World War, three small coastal tankers, MS Bruni, Martigues and Ginouse were sufficient. The three tankers were lost during the war.
In 1946, the company operated small tankers from the American Navy surplus. In 1950, the company found a new associate, was renamed Fouquet SOCAP, and purchased three new tankers in the Netherlands. These ships transported only refined mineral oils. In 1965, Fouquet diversified its activity with transport of olive oil, chamicals and other products. A subsidiary, Société Maritime et Commerciale de Monaco (SOMARCO), was set up in Monaco for the commerce with the USA.
In March 1998, the company was sold to the group Financière Neptune, also owner of Gaz Atlantique. Today, Fouquet-SACOP operates seven tankers.
Source: Fouquet SACOP website
Ivan Sache, 26 February 2004
The house flag of Fouquet SACOP, as shown by Joseph Nuesse, is blue with a white seabird flying over two white waves.
Ivan Sache, 26 February 2004Mostbet