Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: hungary | gyor-moson-sopron | zsira |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
by Istvan Molnar, 31 January 2002
At http://ujember.katolikus.hu/Archivum/2001.08.26/1001.html, On white there is the CoA of the village.
Istvan Molnar, 9 January 2002
Image is based on the photo at http://ujember.katolikus.hu/. CoA from the Gyor-Moson-Sopron county Atlas (HISZI-Map Kft), 1998.
from the atlas: "The village was established by uniting the villages of Zsira, Gyülevíz and Salamonfa. The village was first mentioned in documents of King Béla III. in 1186. Following damage by the big onflagration of 1859 the face of the village was altered by houses with partitioned walls. The village has a population of 946 persons. The Rimanóczy manor-house built in baroque style is considered a historical building. Baroque statues can be seen in the square in front of the church."
Istvan Molnar, 31 January 2002