This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Acsteszer (Komarom-Esztergom, Hungary)

Ácsreszér Község, Tesiar

Last modified: 2003-07-05 by
Keywords: hungary | komarom | esztergom | acsteszer | tesiar | axe |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors

by István Molnár, 3 March 2003

See also:


Ácsteszér (in German Tesiar) is a village in Komárom-Esztergom county in Hungary near to Town of Kisbér (17 km south) at the North-Eastern edge of the Bakony Mountains. The village has got 947 inhabitants (2001 census), nearly all of them are Hungarian. Neighbouring settlements are Bakonyszombathely, Réde, Csatka, Súr, Aka villages and Kisbér town.
The first mention of the settlement is from 1392 as 'ALCH TEZER'. The name of the village is bilingual: Ács in Hungarian Tesiar in Slav means carpenter. In the medieval ages the village was a large settlement of the Castle of Csesznek. At the time of the Turkish wars the settlement was devastated in 1543. Ácsteszér was resettled with Germans and Hungarians by the Esterházy Family. The first known seal of the village is from 1699 relates to the carpenters and the forests. In 1910 Ácsteszér was a village in the Zirc district of Veszprém County. Number of its inhabitants in 1910: 1073; 624 (58,2%) German, 447 (41,7%) Hungarian and 2 (0,1%) other by mother tongue, 1056 (98,4%) Roman Catholic, 15 (1,4%) Jew, 2 (0,2%) other by religion. After the WWII most of the Germans were deported to Germany. In 1950 the village annexed to Komárom county
Symbolism of the CoA: The Coat of Arms of the village is a standing triangular blue shield with red head transversely bared with silver bars. In the head there is a lying gold pen floating. In the blue field there are two silver carpenter's axes crossing each other floating over three green hills. Over the axes there is a gold heraldic lily. Around the shield there are two green oak branches with gold acorns. Below the shield on a gold stripe there is the name of the village: 'ÁCSTESZÉR'.
The flag is white with two - blue and gold - stripes on the flying edge, on the white field there is a CoA of the village. Ratio 1:2. The flag and the CoA of the village was adopted in 2002.02.29 by the Resolution No.2/2000.(II.29) of the community.
Sources: Picture of the CoA and description from the Mayor's Office. Historical datas from <> (in Hungarian).
István Molnár, 3 March 2003