mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ganna (Veszprem County, Hungary)

Last modified: 2001-02-09 by
Keywords: hungary | veszprem | papa | ganna | griffin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors




by Istvan Molnar, 19 January 2001



See also:


Overview

Ganna (in German Ganna) is a German village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (13 km south) in the Bakony Mountains. The village has got 375 inhabitants (1990 census), Germans and Hungarians. One of the Official Ethnic Minorities of Hungary has got ethnic council in the village. Germans. Neighbouring settlements are: Pápakovácsi, Kup, Bakonypölöske, Magyarpolány and Döbrönte villages.
The first mention of the settlement is from 1330, all settlers of the village were serf of the Abbey of Bakonybél from 1171 . At the time of the Turkish wars the settlement was devastated in the 16th century. The settlement was resettled with Germans (from Bavaria and Styria) and German speaking Croats from West-Hungary in 1748-1750 by the Esterházy Family. In 1910 today Ganna was two villages (Nagyganna and Kisganna) in the Pápa district of Veszprém County. Number of its inhabitants in 1910: 884 (688 and 196); 849 (96,0%) German and 35 (4,0%) Hungarian by mother tongue, 882 (100,0%) Roman Catholic and 2 (0,0%) other by religion. There is the mausoleum of the Esterházy Families (earls and dukes).
Symbols of the CoA: The gold griffin is the symbol of the Esterházy Family
Date of adoptation: 1997.05.31. by the No.5/1997 Resolution of the Community of Ganna Village.
Istvan Molnar, 19 January 2001


Coat of Arms


by Istvan Molnar, 19 January 2001


Mostbet