mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Elyakhin (Israel)

Mo'atza Mekomit Elyakhin, Local Council of Elyakhin

Last modified: 2007-06-23 by dov gutterman
Keywords: elyakhin | mo'atza mekomit elyakhin | text: hebrew (orange) | tree (green) | synagogue |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Local Council of El'yakhin (Israel)]
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 20th March 1990



See also:


Description

Local Council Elyakhin (meaning God will prepare), named after biblical King Yehoyakhin (Jehoiachin, 2 Kings 24) is situated in Hefer Valley (Emeq Hefer) in the Sharon area, 3 km south of Hadera. Est. 1954, pop. 2,600.
The flag on the city hall is white with emblem (and was hoisted upside-down). The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 3752, 20 March 1990.
Sources: author's own observation, 12 September 2001; emblem received from the Local Council.
Dov Gutterman, 21 September 2001

Elyakhin was established in 1954 for the inhabitants of a nearby transitional settlement, most of them immigrants from Yemen. Local Council since 1977.
The main element in the emblem is the synagogue.
Source: <www.elyackin.up.co.il>.
Dov Gutterman, 8 April 2005


Mostbet