mostbet
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Yesod HaMa'ala (Israel)

Mo'atza Mekomit Yesod HaMa'ala, Local Council of Yesod HaMa'ala

Last modified: 2007-06-30 by dov gutterman
Keywords: yesod hama'ala | mo'atza mekomit yesod hama'ala | text: hebrew (green) | coat of arms (landscape: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Local Council of Yesod ha'Ma'ala (Israel)]
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 21st September 1960



See also:


Description

Local Council Yesod HaMa'ala is situated in the centre of Hula Valley in the Upper Galille. It was founded in 1883 and has 1,000 inh. Local Council since 1949. It has no official flag and in case of need it uses a municipal emblem on a monochrome background.
Source: local council webpage.
The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 792, 21 September 1960.
Dov Gutterman
, 12 September 2001

The municipal flag is green emblem on yellow (quite faded).
Source: author's own observation, 19 September 2001.
Dov Gutterman
, 13 October 2001

This small colony* started when 42 families from Mezeritch in Poland decided to buy land in Israel-land. Their messengers bought this remote land in 1883 and the first seven families settled there in spring 1884. Hard work, thefts and Malaria killed many of them, but they refused to leave the site. In 1887 it was put under Baron Rotshield's control, and his decision to make it a center for perfume production almost brought this colony to deadlock. Only the arrival of more efficient farmers save this small colony.
One of those families was the Dobrovin family, converted Christian from Russia, and their estate "The Dobrovin Estate" serves today as a museum showing the "old days" in the colony.
The origin of the name come from the bible (Ezra 7,9 - foundation of the ascent).
Sources: <www.megalim.co.il>, <www.amit.org.il>.

* Moshava (Colony) was a name for an agricultural settlement in which the farmers own their land and work it and ship their products privately. The first colony was Petah Tikva.
Dov Gutterman, 21 April 2005


Mostbet