Last modified: 2007-06-23 by dov gutterman
Keywords: be'er tuvia | be'er tuvya | regional council | mo'atza ezorit be'er tuvia | well | ear |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 31st May 1962
Regional Council Be'er Tuvia (meaning Tuvia's well) is situated on the south shore plain in the area of Qiryat Mal'akhi. City hall is right across the road of Qiriat Malachi. Est. 1950. Pop. 14,000. The municipal flag is green with a yellow emblem, showing an old well and two ears. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 934, 31 May 1962.
Source: author's own observation, 29 September 2001.
Dov Gutterman, 8 October 2001
Regional Council Be'er Tuvia is named after a settlement of same name, the oldest of the council's settlements, which established in 1887, ruined in 1929 and renewed in 1930. The council governs 22 settlements as well as four industrial zones, agriculture school and few ranches.
The emblem include an old well (be'er = well) surrounded with two ears.
Dov Gutterman, 9 April 2005
Translated from <www.beer-tuvia.org.il>: "The emblem was designed in combinations of cow horns. Growing cattle is a major agriculture branch in this region. The ears represent the wheat which is produced by our soil. The well represent the wells that were found in the region."
Dov Gutterman, 19 June 2007
image from <www.beer-tuvia.org.il>