This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Estado Libre y Soberano de Zacatecas
Last modified: 2005-03-05 by
Keywords: mexico | zacatecas | coat of arms | unofficial flag |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Note: Zacatecas has no official flag, but one in white charged with the coat of arms is broadly used:
- Official web page of Zacatecas
Quoted by Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán October 9, 2001
Presentation of Zacatecas
- Official name: Estado Libre y Soberano de Zacatecas / Free and Sovereign State of Zacatecas
- Short-form names: Estado de Zacatecas / State of Zacatecas; Zacatecas.
Location: In its territoy is laying the geographical center of Mexico. It neighbors the States of Coahuila de Zaragoza (N), Durango (E), Nayarit (SE), Jalisco and Aguascalientes (S), Guanajuaton (SW), San Luis Potosí (W), and Nuevo León (NW)
- Area: 73,103 km2
- Municipalities: 57
- Population: 1'353,610 inhabitants
- Capital: Zacatecas (Pop.: 123,899)
- Statehood: October 3, 1824
- Arms adopted: Unknown date.
INEGI and SEP
Reported by Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán, October 06, 2001.
Coat of arms
by Banco de México
Posted by: Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán, November 12, 2004.