Last modified: 2023-07-03 by
Keywords: kwidzyn |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Here are the symbolics of Kwidzyń County (voj. Pomorskie). The flag is a BoA. CoA adopted on 7 Jun 1999 and Flag adopted on 27 Dec 2000. The flag ratio is 3:5. Kwidzyń is a small town; the first stronghold (Marienwerder) was established in the 1230s by the Teutonic Knights, 40 years before the move to Malbork.
Jens Pattke, 30 Mar 2002
This design is remarkably similar to one of the famous Benderia Prutenorum, the captured teutonic banners described by Jan Duglosz -- what is the factual connection?
António Martins-Tuvįlkin, 31 Mar 2002
Here is the official law of Kwidzyń (PL) County Flag.
"Council of Kwidzyn County decided on Dec.27, 2000 that: the flag of Kwidzyń County is of rectangular shape in the proportions (of length to width) 5:3, of red color, on which the eagle of St.John the Baptist (armorial eagle of Kwidzyń County) is seen, placed between two gold and vertical stripes."
The eagle of St.John the Baptist is a fixture in Kwidzyń's arms for over 700 years, so that's why António found it co-related to
to the symbols of the 1410 Battle of Grunwald (Tannenbaum) era.
Jens Pattke, 31 Mar 2002, translated by Chrystian Kretowicz