Last modified: 2002-08-09 by
Keywords: bardejov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
Bardejov is a town of c. 20.000 inhabitants. It lies on a natural terrace (270 m. above the sea) where the Lukavice brook runs into the Topla river. The foundation of Bardejov goes back to the 9th century; after the Tartar invasion the town was rebuilt by foreign colonists and became a free royal town in 1376.
This is the flag of Bardejov city in 1979.
Source: 'Klíc k našim mestum' by Karel Liška and Ludvík Mucha, ed. Práce in Prague, 1979 and 'Városaink neve, címere és lobogója' by S. Széll, Budapest 1941.
Jan Kravcik, 13 June 2000