Last modified: 2002-11-23 by
Keywords: topolcianky |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | | mirrors
The first written mention about Topoµčianky originates from the year 1293. Village is a former royal estate. In the year 1307 king Béla IV had donated Topoµčianky to some Haslov, the ancestor of lords who have been living here in the era of feudalism in Topoµčianky and dominating here for many years. When the regional seat Starý Tekov was threatened by Turks (1561), seat of the region had been moved to Topoµčianky, which it remained till 1723, when it was moved to Zlaté Moravce. The settlement has now 2923 inhabitants.
Information from Tourist Channel.
Jarig Bakker, 3 Oct 2001
According to the imprint of sealer of municipality from 19th century, adopted: 25 Jun.1992, No. OZ -uzn./1992, HR: T-16/92
Jozef Skvarenina, 15 Nov 2002