Last modified: 2006-05-20 by antonio martins
Keywords: aileu |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
On the right and the left wall of the East Timor national parliament are hanging traditional weavings, each with the name of one of the districts. Each district has such a weaving on the left and the right, but there are not exactly the same, just similar.
J. Patrick Fischer, 08 Aug 2002
Some, not all, portuguese overseas municipalities recieved arms and flag in the period 1940-1974, after all metropolitan municipalities got one. In Portuguese Timor overseas province only Díli had a flag and a coat of arms, all other 12 municipalities (currently named districts) being confirmedly flagless.
António Martins, 15 Jan 2003 and 06 Aug 2005