Last modified: 2004-12-22 by
Keywords: evansville | indiana |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5, by Al Kirsch, 21 September 2002
Section 1.10.15 City insignia.
(A) The corporate seal of the city shall be composed of the following:
(1) Two concentric circles. The outer circle shall be 1-1/2 inches in diameter; the inner circle 1-1/4 inches in diameter.
(2) The words "The City of Evansville" placed between the two concentric circles and at the top of the seal.
(3) The word "Indiana" placed between the two concentric circles and at the bottom of the seal.
(4) A star placed at each side of the word "Indiana" separating it from the words at the top of the seal.
(5) In the central area of the seal within the inner concentric circle, and toward the top, a representation of a set of balanced scales.
(6) Centered below the scales, and between the balance pans of the scales, a representation of a sheaf of wheat.
(B) The City Clerk shall be the custodian of the corporate seal, and shall affix it to all items required to bear the seal.
(C) The corporate flag of the city shall be a rectangle, three feet by five feet in size. The background shall be blue. In the center of the flag shall be a gold facsimile of the corporate seal. The facsimile shall be 14-1/2 inches in diameter. The flag shall be bordered by a gold fringe. (’ 62 Code, Art. 2, Ch. 1, § 7) (’ 82 Code, § 10.15)
Dov Gutterman, 31 October 2002