Last modified: 2010-09-11 by
Keywords: edgewood | kentucky | kenton county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Eugene Ipavec, 12 January 2010
The flag of the City of Edgewood, Kentucky, is green with the city logo on it. The logo is oval with a green tree on a cream background and EST. 1948, In the red ring around is inscribed "WHERE EVERY DAY IS A WALK IN THE PARK" in orange letters, and a white ribbon bellow with a text "CITY OF EDGEWOOD,KY" in orange.
Images and information courtesy of Jeanette Kemper, MMC, City Clerk, City of Edgewood.
Here is some information about our city:
The City of Edgewood takes its name from an early homestead in what is now Walker Estates. The original city was formed in 1948. The current city is the result of many mergers and annexations since 1948. The biggest of these mergers occurred in 1968. The cities of Edgewood, Summit Hills Heights, and St. Pius Heights worked closely together on issues. In 1968, those three cities voted to merge. The new Edgewood started operating on January 1, 1969. In the 1970 census, the new city of Edgewood had approximately 4,200 people and 1,500 homes. By 1996 the city had grown to over 8,500 people and 3,000 homes. As of the 2000 census, Edgewood has now grown to 9,400 residents and growing. As you look at our small community with its parks, schools and hospital, it quickly becomes obvious why Edgewood is the premier city in Northern Kentucky.
Valentin Poposki, 25 September 2009
image by Eugene Ipavec, 12 January 2010Mostbet